The Case Manger works directly with individuals and families who lack essential goods or services, giving resources such as food and clothes, financial support, information, encouragement, advocacy, and/or links to opportunities such as jobs or education and training, youth, or elder services. Determines eligibility assistance, evaluates needs and strengths, and assists in meeting immediate and future requirements. Offers agency goods and services and links families to private and public resources. Exhibits compassion and an appreciation for all individuals’ worth, dignity, and spirit.
- Initiating and setting goals for clients according to the crisis objectives of the organization
- Developing service plans with attainable goals and actions completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of clients.
- Prepare reports to determine progress and issues.
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal quidelines code of ethics and internal policies.
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports.
- Bachelors in Social Work
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Working knowledge of MS office and program management software
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
Work Hours and Location and Salary
Part-time position with an hourly rate of $19.23 based on skills and experience. Most work hours will be during the daytime T-F 8:30 am to 3:30 pm, with some evening hours and weekends required, as needed to assist with evening/weekend activities. The office location will be at 1600 Circle Park Blvd, Fort Worth, Tx 76164.